You can now include interactive questions in your creations, which allow you to learn about audience interactions with your creations in detail and track their responses. Here we’ll explain all you need to know in order to use single or multiple-choice questions.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to:
- Add interactive questions
- Configure interactive questions
- Edit interactive questions
- Delete interactive questions
- Customize interactive questions and collecting results
Adding interactive questions
Genially creators can add interactive questions to their creations by following these simple steps:
- Choose the page you want to add the interactive question to.
- Click on the Interactive elements section in the left sidebar of the Editor.
- Choose the Multiple choice option in the Interactive questions section.
- Once this is done, the interactive question will appear on the canvas and the configuration panel will open on the right side of the screen.
Configuring interactive questions
- Modify the question text and answer options in the Content tab located in the configuration panel. (Max. 999 characters)
- Add your text to the Question section. If you do not modify the text, a default text will appear.
- In Answers, add the text for each answer and choose the correct answer(s) by clicking on the right side of each one. The options you’ve selected as correct will be highlighted in green with a tick.
- If you don’t enter any text for the answers, a default text will appear. You can include up to 4 answer options.
- By default, the answers will be displayed in random order. However, you can deactivate this option or change the order in which the answer options are displayed by dragging the answers and placing them in the order you choose.
- You also have the option to configure actions to be shown to people viewing your creation when they submit their response:
- Show the correct answer when sent: this option is enabled by default, but can be disabled at any time.
- Message when answered correctly: this is a message that is displayed to the audience if they have sent the correct answer.
- Message when answered incorrectly: this is a message that is displayed to the audience if they have sent the incorrect answer.
- Next action: by default, when the question is answered, we remain on the same page, but you can configure the Send button to take your audience to another page of the genially.
- Time after sending a response: this is the time lapse from the moment the viewer clicks Send until the next configured action is executed.
Edit interactive questions
If you want to edit an interactive question, click on the question itself and then click on the Settings button which appears above it.
IMPORTANT: When you edit an interactive question, the information in user tracking will show the latest version of the questions and answers, overwriting previous versions.
Delete interactive questions
If you want to delete an interactive question, click on the interactive question area and then click on the Bin icon that appears in the upper toolbar of the Editor or press the Delete key on your keyboard.
IMPORTANT: Deleting an interactive question may affect the user tracking results.
Customizing interactive questions and collecting results
Now that you’ve added interactive questions to your creation, take a look at this tutorial where you'll find:
- Important information about how your audience will view your interactive questions
- Steps for customizing the look and feel of your interactive questions
- Steps for collecting, consulting, and downloading the results of your interactive questions