Interactivity is a powerful tool for creating amazing content and unique experiences in the digital universe. That’s why Genially offers you a wide variety of options for creating interactive content, increasing engagement, and analyzing information about how your audience interacts with your creations so that you can optimize them to their full potential.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn about:
- The types of interactive questions
- How to customize interactive questions
- How the interactive question display works
- How to collect, consult, and download results
The types of interactive questions
You can add three different types of interactive question to your creations:
Check out the tutorial for each option to learn how to add, configure, edit, and/or delete each type of question.
How to customize interactive questions
You can customize the appearance of interactive questions in the Design tab in the question’s settings. In this tab you will find 2 sections:
- Layout: Choose whether to display the answers horizontally or vertically.
- Style: Choose from available color palettes or customize the style however you like using the ‘Customize’ option, where you'll find 4 sections:
- General: allows you to change the color and/or disable the borders and background of the interactive question.
- Questions: allows you to change the font, text size, line spacing, and text color of the question.
- Answers: allows you to change the font, text size, line spacing, and text color of the answers.
- Feedback: allows you to change the font, text size, line spacing, and text color of the success and error messages that appear when your audience sends their response.
Please note that you will only be able to use the fonts available in the interactive question settings. Currently it is not possible to use custom fonts. To improve usability, text formatting cannot exceed certain limits established in Settings.
How the interactive question display works
For people viewing a genially that has one or more interactive questions, it is important to know that:
- When they open the genially, a pop-up window will appear where they must enter an alias (max. 20 characters) to identify themselves and access the content.
- If the alias is already in use, they will see a red message and will not be able to continue until they enter a valid alias that has not already been taken.
- When reopening Genially in the same browser, if the viewer has accepted and maintained Genially's cookies, they will have the option to access the content under the same alias and resume viewing on the last page visited. Otherwise, they must use a new alias.
- They must select a single answer. They can change their selection as many times as they wish, until the moment they click Send. Once the answer is sent, it cannot be changed.
- If your audience does not see the pop-up window to enter an alias when entering genially, this means that the User Tracking option is disabled and it will not be possible to collect responses.
How to collect, consult, and download results
To be able to collect, consult, and/or download the results of your creations, you need to have a premium plan that includes this feature. You can check out all our plans and the features each one offers on our plans page.
Already have a plan that supports user tracking? Wonderful, take a look at this tutorial to see how to activate this option in your creations and start collecting information from your audience.
If at any time you deactivate User tracking, you will stop receiving information about your audience's responses until you enable it again.
IMPORTANT: Interactive questions in JPG, MP4, and PDF downloads will be viewed as static images and cannot be interacted with. If you want to be able to select answers, the View offline download is your best option. Note that in this type of download no data is collected and no alias needs to be entered to view the genially.