We’re social animals. This is something we all know from personal experience, but also because science says so. Communication is a way of exchanging information, emotions, impressions ... everything!
That’s why in Genially you can communicate with your audience via Whatsapp. How? With interactivity and a single click. No need to add your number to their contacts.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn:
- How to get a Whatsapp chat link
- How to insert the chat link in a page
- How to insert the chat link in an interactive window or tooltip
How to get a Whatsapp chat link
Creating this link is very easy. Just replace the ‘number’ part of this link:
And enter the phone number associated with your Whatsapp account, in international format.
Note: Don’t include zeros, brackets, dashes, or any other kind of special character when you add your number in this format.
If you have any questions about the process, don’t panic, you can consult Whatsapp’s help article.
How to insert the chat link in a page
Now that you’ve got your Whatsapp link for chatting, follow these steps:
- Add or choose an element on the canvas that you want to apply the link to. It can be an icon, image, text box, whatever you like!
TIP: In the Interactive elements section of the Editor, you’ll find the most common different social media icons, including the Whatsapp icon.
- Click on the element you’ve chosen and then on the interactivity icon that appears above it. Select the Link option.
- Paste the Whatsapp link in the text box that appears. In the Viewing options section, you can choose whether you want the link to open in a new tab or in the tab the genially is in. We recommend selecting the Open in a new tab option.
- Click on Save. All set!
How to insert the chat link in an interactive window or tooltip
You can also add this link as a hyperlink to an image or text within your interactive windows or tooltips. Follow these steps:
- Add or choose an element on the canvas that has an interactive window or tooltip.
- Click on the element and then on the interactivity iconthat appears above it.
- If the element does not yet have interactivity applied, you can choose between a window or a tooltip to create it.
- If the element already has an interactive window or tooltip, you’ll be taken to the editor of this interaction.
- Add or select the text or image you want to apply the Whatsapp hyperlink to.
- Click on the link icon, add the Whatsapp link, and click on Insert to apply the hyperlink correctly.
- Finally, click Save. And that’s it!