Organization is a bit like life: it changes and we choose how to arrange it accordingly. With Genially you can also rely on that and awaken your inner Marie Kondo. That's why in this tutorial we tell you how you can move your creations between folders, so you can organize yourself in a flexible way. Need to know how to create and manage a folder? You can check out this tutorial.
Here you will learn how to:
- Move a single genially from My Creations to the folder you want, and vice versa.
- Move several geniallys from a folder or from My Creations to another folder you have created.
- How to use Genially to work as a team.
Move a genially individually
Before moving a genially individually, you should note the following:
- You can move a genially from My Creations to any folder you have created.
- You can move a genially from a folder to any other folder or to My Creations.
- You will not be able to move geniallys in which you have been invited to collaborate.
To move a genially individually:
- From the Dashboard, open the dropdown menu options of a genially.
- Choose the option Move.
- Click on the destination folder to select it, and then click on the Move button.
TIP: You can also create a folder when you move your Genially by clicking on the folder icon with the + sign in the lower left corner.
Move several geniallys from a folder
You can move several geniallys from a folder or from My Creations to any folder you have created. To do so:
- From the Panel, open the dropdown menu options of the destination folder.
- Choose the option Bring geniallys over.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can see all your folders. Select the one that contains the geniallys you want to move.
- Click on the button Bring over and the geniallys will be moved to the destination folder.
- Keep in mind the following specifications when you want to move several geniallys simultaneously:
- You can move several geniallys simultaneously into a folder. To do this, you should know that multiple selection only works within each individual folder. If you want to move geniallys from 2 different folders, you have to move them from one folder first and then from the other one.
- The selected geniallys will be moved to the same folder. The folder from which you started the multiple selection will be the destination folder.
- You cannot select the My Creations section as the destination folder.
How to use Genially to work as a team
If you work in a collaborative workspace you can move a genially or a folder from the common space of your workspace to a private or collaborative space to which you have access, and vice versa.
To do so, you just have to open the dropdown menu options of a genially or folder, select the option Move and click on your destination space and/or folder.
Note: Remember that users with guest roles do not have access to this option.
If you work in a collaborative workspace, you will also be interested in knowing how to move geniallys between workspaces.