The world is made up of two kinds of people: those who love moving house, and those who avoid it at all costs. Well, in Genially this does not apply because moving geniallys from one workspace to another is as easy as ABC. If you’re a member of two or more workspaces, this information might be useful to you. You can move creations between workspaces to incentivize teamwork.
By default, this option is activated in your workspace. Bear in mind that you can only move creations that are stored in spaces you’re a member of, and once you’ve moved them, they’ll disappear from those spaces.
To move a genially to another workspace, just follow these simple steps:
- Find the genially you want to move and hover your mouse over it.
- Click on the three dots that appear in the top right corner.
- Select Move.
- Click on Workspaces in the window that appears.
- Select the workspace you want to move the creation to and the space you want to save it in.
- Click on the Move button and you’re all set!
Note: It’s only possible to move geniallys, not folders.
If for any reason you want to restrict the possibility of moving geniallys between different workspaces, you can deactivate this option in the workspace settings.
Note: Bear in mind that this is a premium feature and you can only deactivate it if your workspace has a premium plan. Also remember that you can upgrade whenever you like.
Moving geniallys between workspaces can make your life easier, but you’ll need to be mindful of the following factors when moving creations between workspaces:
- The collaborators and/or guests will not have access to this new workspace; you’ll need to invite them.
- You’ll maintain your genially’s statistics if the new workspace has this feature.
- You can move a team template, but it will no longer appear as a team template in the workspace it belonged to.
- If you move a genially that’s been inserted in your blog, website, or other platform; you don’t need to worry about anything, the genially’s URL will stay the same.
- If you have a Google Analytics account set up in your workspace, you’ll stop receiving usage data for your creations. If the workspace you move your genially to has a Google Analytics account set up, you’ll start receiving data in that account.
- If these creations were being displayed on your social profile, they will no longer be displayed.