Some well chosen colors can make all the difference in your creations and in your brand identity. That’s why it’s so important to define a harmonious color palette that conveys the message we want to communicate to our audience.
In Genially, you can add a color palette to your Brand kit and have them readily available and easily accessible when editing any of your creations.
The ability to customize a Brand kit is a Premium feature. Take a quick look at this page to find out if your plan includes this feature.
In this tutorial we’ll show you:
How to add or delete brand colors
To add or delete brand colors you need to be an Owner or Administrator of the Workspace.
Follow these steps to add brand colors:
- In your workspace, click on the Brand kit section in the left sidebar.
- From there, go to the Colors tab and click on the + button. A color selector will appear.
- The color selector has 2 tabs:
- The Samples tab: here you'll find a selection of primary and secondary colors with different saturation levels. You can select a color by clicking on it. Or you can enter the code of any other color in the hexadecimal (HEX) code field just below it. Finally, at the bottom of the tab, you will find the last colors that you used.
- The Advanced tab: here you can choose a color by dragging the cursor. Just below, you will find two sliders to choose the color hue and lightness. In this tab you will also find the HEX code field, as well as the last colors you used.
- A message will appear at the top right of your Panel, confirming that the color has been added successfully. All set!
To delete a brand color, hover the mouse over the color you want to delete and click on the X that appears at the top right of it. A message will appear at the top right of your Panel, confirming that the color has been deleted successfully.
How to use brand colors
Once you’ve added your brand colors, they’ll be available for all members of the team to use. You can use brand colors from the Editor of any creation in a Workspace where you have set up brand colors.
Your brand colors will be available when you select any element whose color can be changed, such as text boxes, shapes, interactive elements, graphics, etc.
Select an element and click the Color button on the top toolbar. A color menu with the Brand Colors section will appear.
Ah! And they're not just for elements; you can also apply your brand colors to the canvas background and the base background. You will find them among the options available in the Backgrounds section.