A nice font can lend style and personality to your texts and reinforce your brand's visual identity. In other words, fonts have the power to make your content more visually appealing, and easier and more pleasant to read.
There are lots of styles of font that can enhance your creations and reinforce the message you want to convey to your audience. In Genially, you can choose from a wide variety of fonts for your texts. And, you can add fonts to your Brand kit so as to have your favorite ones to hand at all times and make your work easier.
The ability to customize a Brand kit is a Premium feature. Take a quick look at this page to find out if your plan includes this feature.
In this tutorial we'll show you:
How to add or delete brand fonts
To add or delete brand fonts you need to be an Owner or Administrator of the workspace.
Follow these steps to add brand fonts:
- In your workspace, click on the Brand kit section in the left sidebar.
- From there, go to the Fonts and styles tab and click on the + Add new font button.
- Your computer's File Explorer will open. Select the files of the fonts you want to add and click on Open.
- A message will appear in the top right of your Panel confirming that the fonts have been added successfully. You're all set!
It's possible that other members of a team may have added identical fonts to the Brand kit. No problem! We've got the solution: to make the process of merging and organizing your fonts easier, you can use the Merge fonts button in the Fonts and styles tab. That way, the duplicate fonts will be deleted.
NOTE: The process may take a few minutes. Meanwhile, you can continue to use Genially as normal.
To delete a font, click on the bin icon that appears when you hover your mouse over it. A message will display in the top right of your Panel, confirming that the font has been deleted successfully.
NOTE: The font formats that are compatible are: .OTF and .TTF
How to use brand fonts
Once you've uploaded your fonts to the Brand kit, they'll be available for all members of the team. You can apply your brand fonts to any of the creations in a Workspace to which you've added fonts. Follow these steps:
- From the Editor of your creation, select a text box.
- Click on the fonts menu in the top toolbar.
- When the fonts dropdown menu opens, you'll see two sections:
- On the left, you'll see the default fonts available Genially.
- On the right, you'll see the brand fonts you've added. They'll display as My fonts.
- Click on the font you want to use and it will be automatically applied to the text box. Et voilà! You'll see your brand font in your creation.