Sometimes simply changing the position of an element can give your design a new lease of life. Experiment with rotation to find the perfect position for your elements in every design.
There is a tutorial for each feature in Designer mode. Discover them all here.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to use the Rotate feature of Designer mode, including:
- What the Rotate feature is used for
- How to rotate an element
- How to find out the exact angle of rotation of an element
What is the Rotate feature used for?
This is one of the easiest tools to use, and also one of the most powerful. When you want to include tilted or angled elements in your designs, the Rotate feature allows you to set the exact degrees of rotation of each one.
This is especially useful if you need several elements to display with the same degree of inclination, as you won’t need to do it by eye: the Rotate feature allows you to do it with total precision.
How to rotate an element
You can do this from the Element tab in Designer mode. The direction of the rotation is clockwise.
- Activate Designer mode using the keyboard shortcut CTRL/CMD + M, or by opening the dropdown menu in the top right of the Editor and clicking on Designer mode.
- Select the element you want to rotate on the canvas.
- Assign an angle of rotation, from 0° to 360° degrees.
TIP: You can enter negative values to rotate elements in an anti-clockwise direction.
How to find out the exact angle of rotation of an element
Open the Element tab of Designer mode and select the element whose angle of rotation you want to know.