What makes the content you create in Genially different from all the rest? Well, one of the things that sets it apart is the interactivity.
When you add interactivity to your content, they become authentic communication experiences that motivate and engage your audience.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use Tooltip interactivity, including:
- What tooltips are for
- How to create interactive tooltips
- How to choose the background color of the tooltip
What are tooltips for?
Tooltips are very useful for adding a layer of information to your content and showing brief, relevant information about a topic. And, your audience will view the content in a fluid and intuitive way and without having to click on the element, as it displays when they hover their mouse over the element containing the tooltip.
They’re super handy in games and gamified activities. For example, you can add tooltips to an escape game to give clues that’ll help your audience decipher a code or resolve a challenge and advance in the game.
How to create interactive tooltips
To view a tooltip, your audience will need to hover their mouse over the element you’ve applied this type of interactivity to. Follow these steps to apply Tooltip interactivity to any element in your genially:
- Select the element you want and click the interactivity button that appears above it.
- Click on the Tooltip option.
- A box will open, in which you can insert text, emojis, horizontal lines to separate content, links, images, videos, tables, and code (to insert external content).
- You can preview the tooltip by clicking on the button in the top right-hand corner.
- You can also add a title to the element that contains the tooltip. This is an important step if you want to obtain audience interaction statistics on this element.
- When you’ve finished making changes, click on Save.
Choose the background color of the tooltip
Tooltips can be either black or white. The color you choose will be applied to all the tooltips in the genially. To do this:
- Open the dropdown menu in the top right of the Editor and click on Preferences.
- In the window that appears, you’ll see an option on the bottom left called ‘Choose a style for the tooltips’.
- Choose the color you want and you’re all set!