Maybe you want to make changes to your genially after having published it and you don’t want your audience to view your creation while you finish editing it. For such cases, you have the option to ‘Return to draft form’.
It’s not necessary to return your genially to draft form every time you want to edit it, only in the cases in which you want to hide it temporarily.
In this tutorial, we will see:
- How to return to draft form from the Editor
- How to return to draft form from the Panel
- What happens to your genially URL when returning to draft form
To return a genially to draft form, these are the steps to follow:
From the Editor
There are 2 ways to return your genially to draft form:
1. Click on the label that shows the status of your genially (public or private), which appears next to the title of your creation, at the top of the Editor.
2. You can also change the status by clicking on the menu in the top right-hand corner of the editor, selecting ‘Return to draft form’, and clicking on ‘Accept’ to approve the change.
From the Panel
1. Hover over the thumbnail of the genially you want to return to draft form.
2. Click on the 3 dots that appear in the top right-hand corner of the thumbnail and then click on ‘Return to draft form’.
3. Accept the changes. The word ‘Draft’ will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the thumbnail.
Then, your genially won’t be visible to others until you decide to publish it again.
If your audience visits the link that you have shared, but you have returned your genially to 'draft form', they will see the following screen:
What happens to your genially URL when returning to draft form
The link of your genially is fixed and unique. This means that when your genially is ready to be published again, the link that you have already shared with your audience will keep working as usual.