An interactive image is a great format for communicating information in a very visual way. You can use your interactive images to create corporate content, training resources, or to communicate any idea. Your audience will be able to interact freely with the different interactive elements and dive deeper into the information that most interests them.
We’ll tell you how to create an interactive image step by step:
Upload an image
Go to your Panel and click on Create genially to go to the templates section. Select the Interactive image section. You can take inspiration from different examples of interactive images.
To start creating:
1. Click on Create interactive image.
2. You can select your image from:
- Your computer
- An URL
- Google Drive
3. Select the image and click on Accept.
Edit and add interactivity
The image will appear as the canvas background and will be the base of your creation. The next step is to apply the interactivity. In the Editor you’ll find a section of interactive elements that are very effective at visually representing the content they lead to.
By default, two interactive elements are added to the image we’re using. You can:
- Replace: if you want to use another kind of interactive element, click on it and then click on the Replace button that appears above it.
- Add new interactive elements: you can explore the Interactive elements section to see other types of available elements: buttons, buttons with text, social networks, numbers and letters, and invisible areas. Click on the element you want to use and place it where you want it on the image. You can also use any other resource of your choice.
- Add text: you can add text boxes to your creation. Why not check out this tutorial to learn how to personalize the text boxes in your creations?
- Delete: if there’s an element on the canvas that you don’t need, select it and press Delete on your keyboard or the Delete button in the top toolbar of the Editor.
Tip: bring an area of your creation to life by using an invisible area. It will allow you to add interactivity in certain areas or segments of your canvas where you couldn’t before. Discover everything you can do with invisible areas in this tutorial.
Now that you’ve chosen the interactive elements you’d like to use, all you need to do is apply the interactivity. You can add all kinds of content for it to display when your audience interacts with the elements: images, texts, videos, audios, GIFs, etc.
You can add audio to an element or resource so that it plays when you click on it. You can also make it so that some images and resources can be expanded to full-screen size when viewing your genially.
You can take your audience to another page of your creation or an external website. Discover the types of interactivity that exist and how to use them.
And remember: to indicate that an element is interactive and pique your audience’s interest, we also recommend adding animation effects to your elements.
Share your creation
First, publish your creation and then share the link with your audience so that everyone can enjoy your genially.
You can also insert your creation in a website or blog.
Lastly, if you have a premium plan, you can download your creation in various formats:
- Interactive PDF
- JPG Image
- MP4 Video
- HTML to view offline
- SCORM, to be able to monitor your audience’s interactions with your creations in an LMS.