How to make a genially collaborative
You can turn a genially into a collaborative creation by adding one or more collaborators. You can do this from the main Panel or from the Editor.
How to add collaborators:
The icon for adding collaborators is the figure of a person with the plus sign.
1. In the Panel, hover over the genially you’d like to make collaborative. The ‘add collaborator’ icon will appear, as seen below:
In the Editor, the ‘add collaborator’ option is located in the upper right-hand corner. Simply click on the icon.
2. Enter the email or emails of the people you want to add. If you’re adding more than one, separate them with commas.
It doesn’t matter if the person you’re inviting doesn’t have a Genially account yet. If any of the emails you enter aren’t registered in Genially, the person will be sent a link with an invitation to sign up.
3. The genially that you have made collaborative will appear in the ‘My creations’ section of the people you have invited to collaborate. They will then be able to edit it and add their great ideas to your creation.
4. If you’ve been invited to collaborate on a genially that belongs to a workspace, you’ll be able to see it in the ‘Shared with me’ section of the menu on the left side of your Panel.
Some things to bear in mind
1. Collaborative geniallys can be identified by the blue sticker which is displayed in the top left-hand corner of the thumbnail of the creation.
2. Only one person may edit the genially in real time. The tool will notify you if you try to access a genially when someone else is working on it, unless you’ve been invited to collaborate on a genially in a premium workspace, in which multiple people can edit at once.
3. Invited collaborators may leave the collaborative genially whenever they like.
4. Only the owner of the genially can delete collaborators. However, if you work in a workspace, all the member who are part of the space where that creation is stored can remove any person who’s been invited to collaborate and is not part of the space.
5. You can filter your geniallys to find the collaborative ones faster by using the filter in the upper toolbar of the Panel. Just click the drop-down menu and select ‘collaborative’.