Turning your genially into a video is really easy: all it takes is a couple of clicks. Now you can get the pages of your genially to play automatically and from start to finish. And, just like with a movie, you can stop it and start it when you need to. Your audience will love your videos!
In this article you’ll learn:
- How to enable Video mode
- How to edit the duration of the pages
- How to enable View on loop
- How to interact with a presentation in Video mode
How to enable Video mode
In the Editor, go to the bottom of your canvas and click on the Navigation button and then select Video mode from the available options.
Tip: Review the interactive elements on each slide. If you’ve used Go to page interactivity, when you use your Genially in Video mode it might not play in the order you set up.
How to edit the duration of the pages
By default, the pages are set up to stay on screen for five seconds before changing to the next page. You can change this very easily.
In the Editor, click on the Navigation icon at the bottom of your canvas. A menu will open on the right and you’ll see the Transition time between pages section. Enter the number of seconds you want each page to remain on screen for in the space marked Duration (secs.). The minimum duration is 1 second and the maximum is 180 seconds.
- If you want all the pages to stay on screen for the same length of time, click on the Apply to all pages button under the duration.
- If you want to set up different durations for each page, select the pages one by one and modify the duration however you like.
It’s important to preview your genially after editing the duration of the pages to make sure you’re happy with how it looks and that it allows enough to read all the information.
How to enable View on loop
If you enable View on loop, your genially will play over and over again; when it comes to the last page, it will start again from the first.
This option is very useful if you want to publish the genially on a web page to display content that your audience doesn't need to interact with.
To enable View on loop, go to the Editor and click on the Navigation icon at the bottom. A menu will open on the right and you’ll see the View on loop option. Click on the button to the right and you’re all set!
Interacting with a presentation in Video mode
- To start video playback, click on the play button.
- By hovering the mouse over the bottom of the genially, the navigation bar is displayed. This allows your audience to pause the video, go back, or go to the next page, so they can view the genially at their own pace.
NOTE: If you insert audio in your video, bear in mind that if the video is paused, the audio will also pause.
Check out this example of a presentation in Video mode and enjoy:
Remember that you can also use Microsite navigation mode or Standard navigation mode to offer your audience different navigation experiences.