In Genially you can include a countdown or timer to show how much time is left until your event, birthday, etc. There are many online tools like this one that you can use and embed into Genially.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to embed your countdown clock in Genially:
- How to create and obtain the embed code of the countdown
- How to embed the countdown into the canvas
- How to embed the countdown into a pop-up window
How to create and obtain the embed code of the countdown
To create and obtain the embed code of the countdown, follow the steps below:
1. Look for a tool, like this one, online that allows you to get an html code.
2. Edit and customize the countdown. In addition to changing the values so that it counts the way you want it to, this tool also allows you to change the name of the countdown, its timezone, language and colors for free.
3. Once you have finished editing the countdown, click on the button Embed on your website and copy the code that's generated (if you use a different website, look for the option to generate HTML code).
How to embed the countdown into the canvas
1. Go to the editor of the genially where you’ll add the countdown and click on the Insert section.
2. Select the tab Others, paste the HTML code of the countdown and click on Insert.
3. Once the countdown is placed over the canvas, you can adjust the size of the box and move it according to your needs.
How to embed the countdown into a pop-up window
Embed a countdown into a pop-up window in order to view it when you click on an interactive element in the workspace.
1. Select the interactive element and click on the Interactivity button.
2. Select the Window option.
3. Click on the Code view button and paste the HTML code of the countdown.
4. Click on the Code view button again to preview the countdown.
5. Save the changes.