I’m sure you’ve heard it said a thousand times that we are visual beings, but do you know why people say that? Because 80% of the information we receive from our surroundings is through our eyes. That’s quite a lot! That’s why corporate visual identity is so important for every brand.
At Genially we’re serious about making sure that it’s super easy for every company, brand, or professional to manage their corporate visual identity and make their brand the protagonist of every creation.
There’s a section in your Panel called My brand dedicated to just this. It’s the place where you can include all the elements of your brand: your logo, colors, fonts, images, or corporate backgrounds. Here, you can have them to hand and add them to creations with a simple click.
In this article we’ll explain:
- How to personalize your brand’s colors, fonts, images, and backgrounds
- How to use the elements you’ve inserted in My brand
How to personalize your brand’s colors, fonts, images, and backgrounds
In your Panel, click on My brand to begin establishing your corporate identity.
You can add your own corporate color palette in the My colors area of the My brand section. These colors will be available to you when you’re editing your geniallys.
To add your brand colors:
1. Go to your Panel and click on 'My brand'.
2. In the 'My colors' section, click on the + button and choose the color you want by clicking on it. You can also enter the HEX code of the color you want to add.
3. You’ll get a notification in the top right of your screen to let you know that the color has been added successfully. And now it is available in the Editor to use whenever you want!
In this section you can load personalized fonts to be able to use them whenever you need when you’re editing your geniallys.
To do this, go to the 'My fonts' area of the 'My brand' section and click on the 'Upload a new font' button.
NOTE: The formats that are allowed are OTF and TTF. The maximum size is 5Mb.
TIP: When you upload a personalized font, we recommend that you also upload the same font in different styles (bold, italics, and underlined).
Here you can load images that you want to use according to your brand’s style guide. Just go to the 'My brand' section, and scroll down to the 'My images' area. Then click on the + button. Once you’ve uploaded them successfully, they’ll be available to you whenever you want them in the Editor.
TIP: Permitted image formats are JPG, PNG, SVG, and GIF. The maximum size is 5Mb.
Here you can upload your background images to have them readily available when you’re making a genially. Go to the 'My brand' section and scroll down to the 'My backgrounds' area at the bottom. Then click on the + button to upload them.
TIP: The image formats allowed are JPG, PNG, SVG, and GIF. The maximum size is 5Mb.
How to use the elements you’ve inserted in 'My brand'
Adding any of the above mentioned elements to your My brand section means you’ll always have them to hand whenever you’re using the Editor. And where are they?
- You’ll find your corporate colors whenever you go to change the color of a text or any element whose color is editable. When you open the color section, you’ll see your corporate colors in the lower part.
- Your fonts appear when you click on the font selector in the Editor. An additional selector will open to the right of the one that displays the standard fonts offered by Genially.
- You’ll find the images you’ve uploaded to My brand when you click on Image and scroll down to My brand.
You’ll find your background images by clicking on Background and scrolling down to My brand.
To complete your brand’s personalization, you can check out this tutorial where you’ll learn how to personalize your logo and loader that will be displayed in your creations.