Organizing your geniallys into folders will allow you to manage your workspace much more efficiently. You can move geniallys from one folder to another, even in groups, to keep your creations tidy and organized.
Using folders will allow you to:
- Create and delete folders.
- Edit the name of a folder.
- Add folders to the Starred section.
- Move a genially from My Creations to any folder you like, and vice versa.
- Bring several geniallys over from a folder or from My Creations to another folder you’ve created.
Creating and deleting folders
You can create a folder by following these two steps:
1. From the main Panel, click on the 'Create a folder' button on the top left.
2. Write a name for the folder and click 'Create'. You can also personalize your folder by adding an emoji to help you identify it more easily! Here’s how it’s done:
To delete folders:
1. Click on the three dots on the folder to see the dropdown menu of options.
2. Select the option 'Delete'.
3. Confirm this action in the window that appears by clicking 'Delete'.
Edit the name of a folder
If, for example, you mistype the name of the folder when you create it and want to rename it, it’s super easy:
1. Open the dropdown menu of options by clicking on the three dots on the folder.
2. Choose the option 'Rename'.
3. Edit the text and save the changes.
Add a folder to the Starred section
The Starred section lets you have your most important folders always at hand. It’s located in the left sidebar of your Panel so that you can access them easily. To add folders to the Starred section:
1. Click on the three dots on the folder you want to add to see the menu of options.
2. Choose the option 'Add to Starred'.
To remove a folder from the Starred section, hover your mouse over its name in the left sidebar and simply click on the icon that appears.
Move a genially individually
If you want to move a genially individually, bear the following in mind:
- You can move a genially from My Creations to any folder you’ve created.
- You can move a genially from a folder to any other folder or to My Creations.
- You cannot move geniallys that you were invited to collaborate on; only your own geniallys.
To move a genially individually:
1. From the main Panel, open the dropdown menu of a genially.
2. Choose the option 'Move'.
3. Click on the folder you want to move it to and then click on the 'Move' button.
TIP: You can also create a new folder when you’re moving your genially by clicking on the folder icon with the plus (+) sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
Bring several geniallys over to a folder
You can bring several geniallys over from a folder or from My Creations to another folder you’ve created. To do this:
1. From the main Panel, click to open the dropdown menu of the destination folder.
2. Choose the option 'Bring geniallys over'.
3. A window will appear where you’ll see all your folders. Select the one that contains the geniallys you want to bring over.
4. Click on the 'Bring over' button and the geniallys will move to this folder.
- You can bring several geniallys at a time over to a folder, but they have to be coming from the same folder. If you want to bring geniallys over from two different folders, first you’ll have to follow the steps to do this from one folder, and then the next, as it’s not possible to select geniallys from two folders at the same time.
- The selected geniallys will all be moved to the same folder. The folder you clicked on in order to begin the moving process will be the destination folder.
- It’s not possible to select the My Creations section as a destination folder.