Say goodbye to boring reports that fail to capture your audience’s attention. If you need to add graphs or charts to your presentations, in Genially you’ll find more than twenty types of editable graphs that’ll transform any table of data into visual and dynamic information.
The graphs in Genially are very easy to edit and offer lots of options for personalization so that you can adapt them to your needs and add your own touch. And, they’re interactive and animated, which is just what you need to catch and maintain people’s attention and surprise your audience.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to make the most of the graphs and charts in Genially:
- How to insert graphs or charts in your genially
- How to insert data in the graphs
- How to personalize the graphs
How to insert graphs or charts in your genially
To insert a graph or chart in your genially:
1. Click on Resources in the left sidebar of the Editor and then on the Graphs & Charts section.
2. Select the type of graph that best suits your purpose by clicking on it or dragging it to place it on the canvas.
A tab will open on the right of the Editor with two windows: Data and Settings, so that you can insert your data and configure the appearance of your graph.
You can access these settings at any time by clicking on the settings icon that appears just above your graph when it is selected.
How to insert data in the graph
There are three ways to insert the data:
1. Enter the data manually in the Data tab.
2. Copy and paste the data over the editing area of the table in the Data tab.
3. Copy and paste the data into the box at the bottom of the Data tab.
TIP: Before pasting your data, delete the sample data to avoid confusion!
Bear in mind that not all graphs display data in the same way. If the data don’t display correctly, click on the cell in the top left corner to switch the values between columns and rows, as you see in the following image.
TIP: Periods ‘.’ and commas ‘.’ can be used for decimal numbers.
How to personalize your graphs
You can personalize your graph by clicking on the Settings window in the tab on the right. The personalization options depend on the type of graph or chart you’ve chosen. Let’s look at all the options you might find here for the different types of graphs.
- Click on the thumbnail of the graph or on the pencil icon to choose another type of graph or chart.
- Change the colors of your graph by clicking on the color palette you like best. You can also personalize the colors one by one in the Data window, by clicking on the box of the color you’d like to change. You will see all the available color options. You can even enter the hexadecimal code of the color you want.
- Show legend: Activated by default. If you deactivate this option, the legend of your graph will not be displayed.
- Show numerical axis values: Activated by default. If you deactivate it, the values and data will not be shown on the X and Y axes of your graph.
- Show tooltips: Activated by default. Shows information in tooltips when you hover your mouse over each element that makes up the graph or chart.
- Curved line: Activated by default. Add a more appealing visual touch to your line graphs. If you deactivate it, the lines will be straight.
- Align right: Deactivated by default. If you activate it, the data will be displayed on the right side of the table.
- Change font color: Change the color of the text on the axis values.
- Prefix/Suffix: Add a prefix or suffix to your data to make it more explicit. For example: €, %.
- Activate animation: Activated by default. The animations of your graph will deploy when it appears on screen.
To deactivate any of these options, simply click on the button that appears just next to the option.