Tables are the most basic way of displaying structured data in your reports and dossiers. They are very easy to create and to understand, and that’s why they’re so widely used. In Genially, you can add tables to your creations with a simple click, and it’s super easy to edit them to add information and personalize them however you like.
In this tutorial you’ll learn:
How to insert a table
1. Click on Resources in the left sidebar of the Editor.
2. Scroll down to the Graphs & Charts section and click on Show more.
3. Select the Table option, and a table with sample data will appear on your canvas.
How to insert the data
When you insert the table, a tab will open on the right of the Editor with two windows: Data and Settings, so that you can insert your data and configure the appearance of the table.
You can access these settings at any time by double-clicking on the table or clicking on the settings icon that appears just above it when it is selected.
There are three ways to insert the data:
1. Enter the data manually in the Data tab.
2. Copy and paste the data over the editing area of the table in the Data tab.
3. Copy and paste the data into the box at the bottom of the Data tab.
TIP: Before pasting your data, delete the sample data to avoid confusion!
TIP: Periods ‘.’ and commas ‘,’ can be used for decimal numbers.
How to personalize the table
Have you inserted the data in your table? Now all that’s left is to personalize its appearance. These are the options you’ll find in the Settings menu.
- Table style: You can choose the simple style or shade alternating rows or columns. This makes the table more easily legible, especially tables with a lot of data. You can also assign a fixed width to the columns. This option is deactivated by default; if you activate it, all the columns in the table will be the same width. This option also allows you to increase or reduce the size of the table proportionally.
- Header: In this section you’ll find all the options for editing the header of your table. You can change the color of the cells or the text, make the text bold, and change the alignment or the size of the font.
- Cells: Here you have the options for editing the rest of the cells in your table. You can change the color of the cells or the text, make the text bold, and change the alignment or the size of the font.
- Borders: Show or hide the borders of your table. You can also change the color of the border as well as the thickness of the lines.